This lookup table refers to the web service 2018 Census individual part 3a data by SA1.
The web service contains data from the 2018 Census only, no data from previous censuses has been included.
The individual (part 3a) dataset is displayed by statistical area 1 geography and contains information on:
• Work and labour force status
• Status in employment
• Occupation – major group, by usual residence address
• Occupation – major group, by workplace address (1)
• Industry (division), by usual residence address
• Industry (division), by workplace address (1)
(1) Workplace address is coded from information supplied by respondents about their workplaces. Where respondents do not supply sufficient information, their responses are coded to ‘not further defined’. The statistical area 1 dataset for 2018 Census excludes these ‘not further defined’ areas.
The data uses fixed random rounding to protect confidentiality. Some counts of less than 6 are suppressed according to 2018 confidentiality rules. Values of ‘-999’ indicate suppressed data, and values of ‘Null’ indicate data not collected.
ANZLIC Metadata 2018 Constituency
ANZLIC Metadata 2019 Ward
2013 Census counts on SA12018 lookup
Note: this lookup table shows the full names for fields whose names have been truncated to 10 characters, e.g. for use in ESRI Shapefile format.
For more information about the data, please refer to the Information about data attachment on the Stats NZ geographic data service.
ANZLIC Metadata 2018 Community Board
ANZLIC Metadata 2019 Statistical Area 2
ANZLIC Metadata 2018 Statistical Area 2
ANZLIC Metadata for 2017 Territorial Authority. This dataset is the definitive set of territorial authority boundaries for 2017 as defined by the Local Government Commission and/or the territorial authorities themselves but maintained by Statistics New Zealand (the custodian).